原始简报档案https://www.copy.com/s/9OmMJE9ngVPj/GDC14_infamous_second_son_engine_发stmortem.pdfHow inFAMOUS: Second Son Used the PS4′s 8 (4.5) GB of RAM, CPU and 枫叶U Compute to Make Our Jaws Dropby Giuseppe Nelva on April 2, 2014 10:45 PM 103 @abriaelPS4NEWSinFAMOUS: Second Son is definitely one of the most visually impressive 游戏s available now on a new generation system, and at the 游戏 Developers Conference Lead Engine Programmer Adrian Bentley Explained the ins and outs of its engine and how the resources of the PS4 were used for the 游戏.Interestingly enough, the first thing we learn is that the 游戏 uses only 4.5 GB of RAM and 6 cores of the eight included in the PS4′s CPU. The data about memory matches what was shared about The Order: 1886.Here’s what we learned from the panel:
- The RAM of the PS4 allowed Sucker Punch to increase memory budgets by four to eight times.
- I/O (input/output) speed was a big problem, even from the hard drive. Input/Output speed is the communication speed between the drive and the CPU.
- Measures were taken to reduce I/O pressure, caching seven more streaming chunks with a memory budget of about 240 MiB (Mebibyte, basically a more professional equivalent of megabyte) and using more and bigger media streaming pages with a budget of 40 MiB.
- Texture atlases were used for many pur发ses, with a budget of over 200 MiB. A texture atlas is a large texture that includes many sub-textures that can be used for many objects, instead of having separate texture files for each object.
- Ambient index was cached per static vertex with a budget of about 30 MiB.
- The tiled light list was stored for forward pass (4 MiB).
- Code was kept simple, using big 微信ar buffers.
- Most of the 4.5 Gb of RAM actually available were used. You can see the full allocation below.
- Indirect Diffuse Lighting with a budget of 25 MiB for the whole world and a resource cost of 1-3 ms. Data was cached to avoid redundant computation.
- Indirect Specular Lighting with Local Specular Cubemaps and Screen Space Specular Reflection.
- Much more threading and compute.
- lighter weight instantiation.
- Improvement in perforce sync time.
- less manual ambient and faster baking.
- Better distant environment LOD (level of detail).
- Overhauled pathing system.
- Easier scripting reference for parts of objects.
- Fewer heavy weight objects.
楼上讲错啦 ，PS3是256 rambus + 256 DDR3 = 512
明显有人被软迷当年的512 vs 256洗脑